Sunday, December 21, 2008

Saint Nicholas: the Truth Behind Santa Claus X of X


Take a trip to the local mall at Christmas time. Go watch Santa sitting on his royal throne. Kids are lined up to sit on his lap of judgement. What does Santa ask them, "Have you been a good little boy?" "Have you been a good little girl?’ Ever read Psalm 11:4?

The LORD is in his holy temple, the LORD'S throne is in heaven: his eyes behold, his eyelids try, the children of men. Psalm 11:4
There’s no question Santa is sitting on his throne. There is no question it is a mockery and pretender of the judgement of a Holy God.
And he said, Hear thou therefore the word of the LORD: I saw the LORD sitting on his throne, and all the host of heaven standing by him on his right hand and on his left. 1 King 22:19

11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. Revelation 20:11-12

Let us not forget the Bible says Satan has a throne.
  • For thou [Lucifer] hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: Isaiah 14:13
In Acts 12, Herod is playing Santa, dressed in his Santa suit (royal apparel), on his throne, and the people saying, It is the voice of a god, and not of a man. And the angel of the Lord kills him for his blasphemy.

21 And upon a set day Herod, arrayed in royal apparel, sat upon his throne, and made an oration unto them.

22 And the people gave a shout, saying, It is the voice of a god, and not of a man.
23 And immediately the angel of the Lord smote him, because he gave not God the glory: and he was eaten of worms, and gave up the ghost.
24 But the
word of God grew and multiplied. Acts 12:21-24


He's making a list
!!!!!

Right on schedule. . . Santa also has a list to judge who's "naughty or nice"
He's making a list, He's checking it twice
He's gonna find out Who's naughty or nice
Over and over, scripture after scripture, Santa grants Satan's ultimate wish, ". . . I will be like the most High. . ."
Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name. Mal. 3:16

And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals. Rev 5:1

And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire. Rev 20:12, 15

I wonder how many children this Christmas will be asked, "Do you BELIEVE in Santa?" I know one thing – it will be more tha n all the Christians of the world asking "Do you BELIEVE in Jesus?". Santa's witnesses will happily witness for him – faithfully, day and night – around the world. Do you really believe it’s just a coincidence that Santn (a.k.a. Satan), over and over, is counterfeiting the Lord Jesus Christ? The heart of the Christian faith is "believing" in the Lord Jesus Christ. That is the very core of the Christian faith. It is not works. It is not sacraments. It is not doing this or doing that. It is belief in the Lord Jesus Christ.
And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. Acts 16:31
Belief and faith – is the essence and heartbeat of the Christian faith. It all hinges on believing. Salvation is BELIEVING IN Jesus Christ.

"Little Boy, Little Girl, DO YOU BELIEVE IN SANTA?"

What happens when these children put so much false hope into a lie? What happens when that deceived child learns that wonderful Santa is a BIG LIE? Not only is it a false hope, not only is total deception – but it counterfeits the person of Jesus Christ! To confuse matters even worse the Lord Jesus is mixed into the lie by supposedly celebrating his birth. Tom Clancy, in his novel, The Sum of All Fears, states the lifelong disappointment and skepticism after the deception of Santa is realized:
"After you stop believing in Santa Claus,
The whole world just goes downhill."
(Tom Clancy, The Sum of All Fears, p. 481)
Who that has ever seen the Christmas classic movie The Miracle on the 34th Street can ever forget the child-like faith of young Susan Walker (played by the cute Natalie Wood). Little Susie a skeptic, who doesn't believe in Santa Claus is "converted" by the loveable Kriss Kringle (played by Edmund Gwenn). The main plot of the movie is – faith and belief in Kriss Kringle or Santa. Remember the highlight of the movie when Susan's mother, Doris (played by Maureen O'Hara) tells young Susan, " You must believe in Mr Kingle–and keep right on believing. You must have faith in him." And young Susie begins repeating over and over, "I believe, I believe. . ." Here's how the original author Valentine Davies describes the above scene:
"Susan thought it over for a moment and then began muttering with firm conviction: 'I believe, I believe, I believe–'
(Valentine Davies, Miracle on 34th Street, p. 116)
Towards the end of the movie, Santa gives Susie the "desires of her heart" and little Susie is saying, "You were right mommy, I do believe. I do believe. Mr Kingle is Santa Claus." Wow! It is also worth mentioning what Santa gives to Susan. Not the typical child's gift of a doll, etc. But a house. . . . Sound familiar?
In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. John 14:2
The movie ends as Santa (Kriss Kringle) "prepares a place" for little Susie. And they surprisingly see Santa's cane standing in the corner showing he had been there and did indeed – "prepare a place" for little Susie. By the way, did you notice the shape of Santa's cane standing in the corner? It looks like a "shepherd's" hook? Hmmm. . . Who was it that said, "I am the good shepherd. . ."? (Hint. see John 10:11) Some reviewers wrote about The Miracle on 34th Street:
"I guess the reason I, and all the other reviewers, think this film is so great is that it brings back the time when we could 'believe in Santa Claus.'"
Who has ever seen "Miracle on 34th Street" can ever forget cute, little "Natalie Wood" says "when things don't turn out just right you still have to believe, and oh mommy I do believe, I do."
Another reviewer writes, ". . . this is a beautiful movie, that can make anyone believe in Santa Claus."
The name of the movie is The MIRACLE on 34th Street. Now who is it that does miracles?
This beginning of miracles did Jesus in Cana of Galilee, and manifested forth his glory; and his disciples believed on him. John 2:11

"Ho! Ho! Ho! I Am God".
In 1994, the satire magazine The Onion carried a parody of Santa Claus titled "Ho! Ho! Ho! I Am God". Even though, it was written as a blasphemous parody much truth rings from the article. The article says:
"I love visiting each and every one of your homes, stuffing your stockings with toys, and enjoying the milk and cookies you leave for me. But mostly I love Christmas because it's the celebration of the birth of my son, Jesus the Christ. You see, I'm God. . . Don't I look familiar? I'm old, I have a white beard, I love everyone. I'm the same God as the one you and your mommy and daddy worship on Sundays. . .

Okay, I admit it. I'm not God. But I'm better than God. I'm jollier, and I give you real toys, not boring old psalms and empty promises you can only collect on when you die. Worship me, not Him! Worship Santa! I am God!"
(Santa Claus, "Ho! Ho! Ho! I Am God!" The Onion, 29 Nov. - 5 Dec., 1994, p. 7)

And that is EXACTLY the message being preached to these little children! And they believe it!

You have to be blind to not see the possible connection. And you have to be spiritually blind to not see the possible spiritual damage such a massive, false-faith, God-like, LIE is doing to the faith and trust of that young child.






0 comments/comentarios: